Disability Extensions / Home improvements

Various councils have sectors that deal with providing help to owners and private tennants whne carrying out work on their hdwelling.

For example South Lanarkshire provide a Home Improvement Service and Interim Scheme of Assistance. This scheme also provides disabled people with assistance to adapt their home to meet their needs.

Your local council can provide grants to a certain percentage towards the approved construction costs. In limited cases full grants can be provided.

If your extension or construction works are through the social work then your application fess for building control and planning can be waved which can be a saving on average of £650 combined.

CAF Designs has provided varuious clients with the desperately required downstairs bedroom and En-suite facilities. Listed below are are few examples in PDF format:-

East Kilbride (South Lanarkshire)

Airdrie (North Lanarkshire)

Carmyle (Glasgow)